The Forge is a space where skills, shows and community ties are forged.
Our central focus is community building and we do this by offering:
- Free, covid-safe, and accessible open training for emerging and professional physical performers.
- Masterclasses, workshops and training intensives.
- Functional space for creative developments where GOM will create its shows for the future.
- Facilitated industry networking specifically for leaders in movement across SA.
- Community outreach and residencies, in collaboration with Country Arts SA .
It's our community that heats up the forge, creates the energy and excitement in the room, and ultimately pays the bills to keep it up and running.
Just like artists need space to train, create and connect with one another, The Forge needs artists to survive. While GOM received government funding to create The Forge, its long term sustainability will rely almost entirely on community financial support, through full access memberships, private classes or workshops, and events like the renegade cabaret shows. This community driven, grassroots support, combined with more traditional funding/revenue raising from GOM, gives The Forge and its community the best chance to thrive.