Out Of Chaos... is our boldest and most ambitious work yet.
Hard-edged, throbbing, explosive acrobatics that reference birth, death and primordial physics collide with intimate verbal confessions and insights into what it feels like to be on stage in real time... Complete with sweaty armpits.
By exposing the inner workings of the world-class acrobat we unveil the magic that is Gravity and Other Myths most precious commodity; the genuine human connection between each other and our audience.
At its conceptual center, it is a story of how things come together. People, planets and plans. Audience, performer, sound and light. The thoughts that shape us and in turn define how we make sense of our inner and outer worlds.
The piece moves with agility between chaotic creation stories and our seemingly ordered understanding of the here and now, all the while hinting at the strange space between knowing and contemplating our mortal significance.
We look forward to sharing our thoughts with you.
Director: Darcy Grant
Designer: Geoff Cobham
Composer & Musician: Ekrem Eli Phoenix find the soundtrack here
Assistant Lighting Designer: Max Mackenzie
Associate Directors: Jascha Boyce, Lachlan Binns
Sound Designer: Mik LaVage
Creative Ensemble: Martin Schreiber, Simon McClure, Lisa Goldsworthy, Lewis Rankin, Dylan Phillips, Lewie West, Mieke Lizotte, Amanda Lee
Current Ensemble: André Augustus, Dylan Phillips, Emily Gare, Lachlan Binns, Lewis Rankin, Lisa Goldsworthy, Martin Schreiber, Shani Stephens, Sonja Schebeck
This project has been assisted by the Australian Government’s Major Festivals Initiative, managed by the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body, in association with the Confederation of Australian International Arts Festivals Inc., commissioned by Adelaide Festival, Ten Days on the Island, Galway International Arts Festival, La Strada Graz Festival and La Brèche, Pôle National Cirque de Normandie / Cherbourg-en-Cotentin. Gravity & Other Myths receives organisation support from Arts South Australia.
Show Duration: 70 minutes
Audience Suitability: 10 years plus
Stage Size: Min 10m wide x 8m depth, height clearance of 6.5m to grid
Venue: Designed for proscenium arch theatres with 400+ capacity
Complete description, touring budget, and technical specifications supplied on request.
- February 27 - March 6Adelaide Festival - Adelaide, Australia
- March 9 - 1110 Days On The Island - Tasmania, Australia
- July 23 - 27Galway International Arts Festival - Galway, Ireland
- August 15 - 18Noorderzon - Groningen, Netherlands
- August 24 - February 17Chamaeleon Theatre - Berlin, Germany
- November 2 - December 31Chamäleon Theatre - Berlin, Germany
- January 3 - 8Cirque Noel - Graz, Austria
- January 10 - 11La Comete - Chalons, France
- January 22 - 23Stora Teatern - Göteborg, Sweden
- February 24 - 25Dance House - Helsinki, Finland
- March 1 - 2Cultuurcentrum De Schakel - Waregem, Belgium
- March 3De Flint - Amersfoort, Netherlands
- March 4De Tamboer - Hoogeveen, Netherlands
- March 7Stadsschouwburg Haarlem - Haarlem, Netherlands
- March 8Parktheater - Eindhoven, Netherlands
- March 9Cultuurcentrum Ter Dilft - Bornem, Belgium
- March 10Stadsschouwburg Utrecht - Utrecht, Netherlands
- March 11Schouwburg Concertzaal - Tilburg, Netherlands
- March 15Westrand Cultuurcentrum - Dilbeek, Belgium
- March 16Cultuurcentrum Zwaneberg - Heist-op-den-Berg, Belgium
- March 17Cultuurcentrum Diest - Diest, Belgium
- March 18De Spil - Roeselare, Belgium
- March 19Cultuurcentrum Brugge - Brugge, Belgium
- March 2130 CC Schouwburg - Leuven, Belgium
- March 23SPOT Groningen - Groningen, Netherlands
- March 24Schouwburg De Lawei - Drachten, Netherlands
- March 25Theater De Lampegiet - Veenendaal, Netherlands
- March 28Theater De Lievekamp - Oss, Netherlands
- March 29Musis & Stadstheater Arnhem - Arnhem, Netherlands
- March 30Theater De Veste - Delft, Netherlands
- March 31Cultuurhuis De Warande - Turnhout, Belgium
- April 1CC Ter Vesten - Beveren, Belgium
- April 2Parkstad Limburg Theaters - Heerlen, Netherlands
- April 15Tonhallen - Sundsvall, Sweden
- April 17Storsjöteatern - Östersund, Sweden
- April 18 - 19Kulturhuset Stadsteatern - Stockholm, Sweden
- April 21Idunteatern - Umeå, Sweden
- April 25Gummifabriken - Värnamo, Sweden
- April 26Spira, Smålands Musik och Teater (SMOT) - Jönköping, Sweden
- April 30Posthof - Linz, Austria
- May 2 - 6Freudenhaus - Lustenau, Austria
- May 9 - 11Brighton Festival - Brighton, UK
- June 7 - 11Spoleto Festival - Charleston, SC, USA