Out Of Chaos... is our boldest and most ambitious work yet.
Hard-edged, throbbing, explosive acrobatics that reference birth, death and primordial physics collide with intimate verbal confessions and insights into what it feels like to be on stage in real time... Complete with sweaty armpits.
By exposing the inner workings of the world-class acrobat we unveil the magic that is Gravity and Other Myths most precious commodity; the genuine human connection between each other and our audience.
At its conceptual center, it is a story of how things come together. People, planets and plans. Audience, performer, sound and light. The thoughts that shape us and in turn define how we make sense of our inner and outer worlds.
The piece moves with agility between chaotic creation stories and our seemingly ordered understanding of the here and now, all the while hinting at the strange space between knowing and contemplating our mortal significance.
We look forward to sharing our thoughts with you.
Director: Darcy Grant
Designer: Geoff Cobham
Composer & Musician: Ekrem Eli Phoenix find the soundtrack here
Assistant Lighting Designer: Max Mackenzie
Associate Directors: Jascha Boyce, Lachlan Binns
Sound Designer: Mik LaVage
Creative Ensemble: Martin Schreiber, Simon McClure, Lisa Goldsworthy, Lewis Rankin, Dylan Phillips, Lewie West, Mieke Lizotte, Amanda Lee
Current Ensemble: André Augustus, Dylan Phillips, Emily Gare, Lachlan Binns, Lewis Rankin, Lisa Goldsworthy, Martin Schreiber, Shani Stephens, Sonja Schebeck
This project has been assisted by the Australian Government’s Major Festivals Initiative, managed by the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body, in association with the Confederation of Australian International Arts Festivals Inc., commissioned by Adelaide Festival, Ten Days on the Island, Galway International Arts Festival, La Strada Graz Festival and La Brèche, Pôle National Cirque de Normandie / Cherbourg-en-Cotentin. Gravity & Other Myths receives organisation support from Arts South Australia.
Show Duration: 70 minutes
Audience Suitability: 10 years plus
Stage Size: Min 10m wide x 8m depth, height clearance of 6.5m to grid
Venue: Designed for proscenium arch theatres with 400+ capacity
Complete description, touring budget, and technical specifications supplied on request.
- 2019Adelaide Festival - Adelaide, Australia
- 201910 Days On The Island - Tasmania, Australia
- 2019Galway International Arts Festival - Galway, Ireland
- 2019Noorderzon - Groningen, Netherlands
- 2019Chamaeleon Theatre - Berlin, Germany
- November 2 - December 31Chamäleon Theatre - Berlin, Germany
- March 7Stadsschouwburg Haarlem - Haarlem, Netherlands
- March 15Westrand Cultuurcentrum - Dilbeek, Belgium
- April 1CC Ter Vesten - Beveren, Belgium
- May 9 - 11Brighton Festival - Brighton, UK
- March 16Cultuurcentrum Zwaneberg - Heist-op-den-Berg, Belgium
- April 30Posthof - Linz, Austria
- April 18 - 19Kulturhuset Stadsteatern - Stockholm, Sweden
- March 2130 CC Schouwburg - Leuven, Belgium
- March 28Theater De Lievekamp - Oss, Netherlands
- March 9Cultuurcentrum Ter Dilft - Bornem, Belgium
- March 29Musis & Stadstheater Arnhem - Arnhem, Netherlands
- March 10Stadsschouwburg Utrecht - Utrecht, Netherlands
- April 26Spira, Smålands Musik och Teater (SMOT) - Jönköping, Sweden
- April 21Idunteatern - Umeå, Sweden
- April 17Storsjöteatern - Östersund, Sweden
- April 15Tonhallen - Sundsvall, Sweden
- March 4De Tamboer - Hoogeveen, Netherlands
- April 25Gummifabriken - Värnamo, Sweden
- March 17Cultuurcentrum Diest - Diest, Belgium
- April 2Parkstad Limburg Theaters - Heerlen, Netherlands
- March 3De Flint - Amersfoort, Netherlands
- March 23SPOT Groningen - Groningen, Netherlands
- March 11Schouwburg Concertzaal - Tilburg, Netherlands
- January 3 - 8Cirque Noel - Graz, Austria
- March 24Schouwburg De Lawei - Drachten, Netherlands
- January 10 - 11La Comete - Chalons, France
- March 8Parktheater - Eindhoven, Netherlands
- March 19Cultuurcentrum Brugge - Brugge, Belgium
- March 18De Spil - Roeselare, Belgium
- March 24 - 25Dance House - Helsinki, Finland
- March 31Cultuurhuis De Warande - Turnhout, Belgium
- May 2 - 6Freudenhaus - Lustenau, Austria
- March 30Theater De Veste - Delft, Netherlands
- January 22 - 23Stora Teatern - Göteborg, Sweden
- March 1 - 2Cultuurcentrum De Schakel - Waregem, Belgium
- June 7 - 11Spoleto Festival - Charleston, SC, USA
- March 25Theater De Lampegiet - Veenendaal, Netherlands