Premiering at Adelaide Fringe 2024
Everybody is a master of something.
Blink, step, jump, balance, flip, fly.
This is an ode to the countless hours needed to achieve great things.
A tribute to the dedication required to realise our physical ambitions.
An acknowledgement of the backstory that is often more spectacular than the
Eight elite acrobats investigate physical skill; how we obtain it, how we perfect it,
and how it can transform our lives. Through highlighting the nuance of high-level
acrobatics, audiences experience a heightened appreciation of the countless hours
required to master the skills they are witnessing.
This is a love letter to our bodies and the amazing things they let us do every day.
This is an invitation to watch us work.
Director: Lachlan Binns
Associate Director: Darcy Grant
Set & Lighting Designer: Chris Petredis
Assistant Designer: Max Mackenzie
Composer: Nick Martin, Shenzo Gregorio
Costume Designer: Olivia Zanchetta
Production Manager: Martin Schreiber
Creative Producer: Jascha Boyce
Ensemble: Jacob Randell, Alyssa Moore, Kevin Beverley, Lachlan Harper, Annalise Moore, Andre Augustus, Axl Osborne, Shani Stephens
Show Duration: 60 minutes
Age suitability: All Ages (4+)
Complete description, touring budget, and technical specifications supplied on request.
Sponsors & Funders:
- Gravity & Other Myths is supported as an organisation by Arts South Australia.
- Ten Thousand Hours has been assisted by the Australian Government through Creative
- Australia, its principal arts investment and advisory body.
- Commissioned by Chamäleon Berlin, La Strada, Graz and Gluttony, Adelaide.
- The Ten Thousand Hours creative development was supported by the Adelaide Festival Centre.